Auto Accidents


If you suffer from injuries caused by another’s negligence, we will protect your rights and get fair and fast compensation. Since 2000, the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE has been dedicated to helping clients recover the compensation they deserve for injuries due to car accidents, medical malpractice, serious personal injury, and other injuries.

For a FREE consultation contact us on-line or call (508) 655-6085 today.


At the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE we vigorously protect our client’s rights and we understand the financial and emotional hardships facing families affected by wrongful death, personal injury, and disability.  If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, contact the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE for a free consultation.  CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE, Massachusetts’ Personal Injury law firm, will provide the personal attention and aggressive representation that you deserve.

The CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE has a strong track record gaining compensation for victims of serious personal injuries. A personal injury is an injury to an individual’s body, mind, or emotions. If a person, business or governmental entity’s negligence (i.e. careless conduct) is the cause of the injury then the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE can win compensation for injured victims.

Serious personal injuries can be caused by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, aviation accidents,dog bites, work place accidents, and slip and fall accidents. Personal injury includes not only physical injury but emotional and psychological harm also. The more serious an injury and the greater impact that the injury has on a person’s life the higher the compensation will be.

Compensation can include loss of wages and the cost of past and future medical bills, which is called special damages, and pain and suffering which is called general damages. If the conduct of the negligent party is bad enough damages can also include punitive damages which are meant to punish the wrongdoer. For example a driver who habitually drives while under the influence of alcohol can be forced to pay punitive damages. A spouse and children can also recover damages if the primary income earner of the family is injured and can no longer support his or her spouse and children. Also, a loved one who witnesses a bad accident or its consequences can win compensation for going through the emotional trauma of witnessing a loved one suffering from injuries.

Negligence or carelessness can include not only careless actions but also violation of laws and regulations. For example if an owner of a store violates the building code by having stairs that are too steep and a customer falls on the stairs and suffers a serious injury the store owner can be found responsible for the injuries and losses of the victim of the fall.

The CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE has handled numerous serious personal injury cases and will work hard to research the law and regulations and find the witnesses and evidence that can help a victim of a serious injury win excellent compensation for their injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered a serious personal injury, contact the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE online or call (508) 655-6085 today.


Slip and Fall








If you slipped or tripped and sustained injuries because the surface you walked on was uneven, slippery, or otherwise hazardous, the land owner or business proprietor may be liable for your injuries.  An injury due to what is commonly referred to as a “slip and fall” is sustained when a person slips, stumbles, falls, or otherwise hurts oneself due to unsafe conditions on property other than your own.

This type of injury is also known as a “trip and fall.” It includes falls as a result of  puddles or even smaller amounts of ice, snow, water, food, soap, or any slippery substance, as well as flooring with gaps or raised edges, dimly-lit areas, uneven ground where proper foot placement is hard to determine, or some other hidden hazard.  A manhole cover not secured in the proper position or uneven sidewalk due to tree roots under the sidewalk can result in a “slip and fall” or a “trip and fall” accident.

When a “slip and fall” injury occurs it is important to investigate the scene of the accident right away, before changes are made, and to take photographs. Often a safety engineer needs to be hired to analyze the dangerous condition. The CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE has handled these cases and has the knowledge and expertise to perform timely investigations, hire expert witnesses and work hard to win fair and just compensation for victims of “slip and fall” accidents.

If you or a loved one suffer from an injury caused by a “slip and fall” contact us on-line or call (508)655-6085.

Dog Attacks








Injuries from dog attacks are a growing problem in Massachusetts and throughout the United States. As the popularity of ownership of dangerous breeds of dogs such as pit bulls have increased so have serious injuries and even fatalities from dog bites and maulings.

“We have to send a message to the community, to other dog owners and to government officials, that this kind of attack on citizens is not acceptable,” Attorney David Crossley says. Resolving these cases is not just about winning compensation for the victims of these vicious attacks, it’s also about freeing the community and neighborhood from dangerous dogs.

The CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE has the knowledge and experience to handle cases involving injuries resulting from animal attacks. If you or a loved one have a case involving animal attacks, contact us on-line or call (508) 655-6085.

Here are some important points about the legal aspects of owning a dog. The owner of a dog is strictly liable for the damage arising from the animal’s trespass onto someone else’s land. There is a duty for an owner to keep his animals from intruding onto another’s property, and he is responsible for the damage they cause there. The owner of an animal which is known to be dangerous is strictly liable for the injuries which the animal causes. The possessor of a wild animal is strictly liable for harm arising from the dangerous propensities characteristic of wild animals of its class, whether or not the owner believes the animal is safe or free from those propensities.

The most persuasive case against a dog owner is made by establishing a history of the dog’s prior attacks or other injurious behavior which should cause that owner to know that the dog is likely to engage in such behavior again.

Once again if you or a loved one is a victim of a dog or other animal attack, contact the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE on-line or call (508) 655-6085.

Abusive Debt Collectors

Are Debt Collectors making your life miserable? Do you feel anxious worrying about when they’ll call you next? We can help.

Our Services Are FREE. If we don’t recover for you then we don’t get paid.

Up to $1000.00 in damages for violations of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Plus, additional damages may be available for violations of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Laws.

Stop the harassing phone calls today. As soon as you are represented by the CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE we’ll be able to contact your creditors, collection companies and junk debt buyers and force them to stop harassing you.

Don’t make a costly mistake. To learn more about your consumer rights, and whether you have been the target of debt collector harassment, contact  the  CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE today. Contact us on-line, fill out the contact form below, or call (508) 655-6085 today.

Collection Laws Prohibit:

  • Collection agency abuse
  • Anonymous calls from bill collectors
  • Creditors’ calls early morning or late at night
  • Calls at work by credit lawyers
  • Credit attorney harassment
  • Calls to friends, neighbors, or coworkers
  • Threats of violence, lawsuit, or arrest
  • Threats of wage garnishment
  • Use of obscene language
  • Accusations of crime
  • Collection attorney or agency lies
  • Negative credit reporting threats
  • Attempts to collect more than you owe
  • Debt collectors using false names
  • Contact by postcard
  • Intimidation, lies, debt harassment
  • Other debt collecting abuse

Your Rights

  • Up to $1,000 — Our FDCPA Attorneys may be able to recover up to $1,000 in damages under the Fair Debt Collections Law
  • Actual damages for harassing collection agency abuse
  • STOP collectors harassment
  • 100% FREE Legal Help – If we recover money for you, debt collectors may be required to pay our legal fees








Don’t make a costly mistake. To learn more about your consumer rights, and whether you have been the target of debt collector harassment, contact  the  CROSSLEY LAW OFFICE today. Contact us on-line, fill out the contact form below, or call (508) 655-6085 today.


Surrogate Parenting Agreements

Since 2000, Attorney David Crossley and the Crossley Law Office have worked closely with some of the most well-known Surrogate Agencies in the world today.

We have years of experience in drafting and negotiating fair and safe Surrogate, Carrier and Egg Donor contracts, as well as obtaining Pre-birth Orders and Post-birth step-parent and second-parent adoption Orders.

Our clients come from every Country in the World and from every State in the USA.

If you are the Intended Parents, or a Surrogate, Carrier or Egg Donor trying to help build a family through Gestational Surrogacy, the Crossley Law Office would be happy to represent you, and work with you, for all of your Gestational Surrogacy contract representation needs. Over the years we have developed working relationships with the best Surrogate Agencies in the World today, and if you would like a referral or introduction to a totally confidential, caring and considerate Surrogate Agency please contact us and we would be happy to provide you with a referral.

To learn more about our highly affordable flat fee/flat rate fee schedule for Gestational Surrogacy contract representation, or Pre-birth or Post-birth orders, please contact the Crossley Law Office on-line, fill out the contact form below, or call (508) 655-6085 today.

Common Questions that Surrogates, Carriers and Egg Donors have:

What should I do if the Intended Parents aren’t paying me as we agreed upon?

Should I agree to an amniocentesis?

Should the Gestational Surrogacy agreement be confidential?

Who is responsible for medical costs, me or the Intended Parents?

What if medical complications occur?

Who pays the costs of medical deductibles and co-pays?

Who pays for the cost of counseling?

Should I sign a celibacy clause?

What if the surrogacy is unsuccessful?


Building a family through Gestational Surrogacy is an amazing experience for everyone involved.  Allow the Crossley Law Office and Attorney David Crossley to help you in your legal representation needs. Contact us today, fill out the contact form below (anonymously if you prefer) or call (508) 655-6085 so that we can ensure that you receive a fair and safe Surrogate, Carrier or Egg Donor agreement.


Permanent Resident FAQ



On January 3, 2013, the DHS published a regulation which will, as of March 4, 2013, allow persons who entered the U.S. without inspection (or who are otherwise ineligible to adjust their status in the U.S.) to apply for “form I-601A provisional waivers” to excuse their unlawful presence in the U.S.  Once their waivers are approved by the USCIS, they will be eligible to attend their appointments for immigrant visas (“green cards”) abroad.

The aim of this new program is to avoid having immediate relatives submit I-601 waivers abroad, and then be separated from their families for months or even years while their waivers are pending.

Instead, they will obtain their waivers before leaving the U.S., be interviewed abroad and return to their families in the U.S. within a few days.

The following set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) explains many of the complications involved in the new provisional waiver process:


1. Who qualifies to submit a provisional waiver in the United States?

To qualify, a person must be at least 17 years old, and be the beneficiary of an approved I-130 visa petition as an “immediate relative” of a U.S. citizen.

Immediate relatives are spouses, parents and children of U.S. citizens. To be considered a “parent”, the sponsoring son or daughter must be at least 21 years of age. To be considered a “child”, the person must be under 21 years of age, although many persons over 21 years of age may still be classified as children under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA).

The law requires that in order to obtain an waiver, the applicant must demonstrate “extreme hardship” to a qualifying relative.  Qualifying relatives must be spouses or parents who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (LPRs). However, a person with only an LPR spouse or parent, while eligible to apply for a regular I-601 waiver abroad, is ineligible to qualify for an I-601A provisional waiver in the U.S.

Persons who are in the numerically-limited family or employment-based preference categories do not qualify for provisional waivers, although the USCIS indicates that the program could be expanded at some point in the future.


2. What grounds of inadmissibility does the waiver apply to?

The waiver applies solely to inadmissibility based on “unlawful presence” in the U.S. Applicants must be subject to either the 3-year or the 10-year bar once they leave the U.S.  Persons subject to the “permanent bar” can not submit a waiver application until they have remained outside the U.S. for 10 years.  Hence, they are ineligible for provisional waivers.

Persons who are inadmissible under another section of the law (e.g.fraud, criminal convictions, etc.) are also ineligible for provisional waivers.


3. What if a person is already outside the U.S. or is scheduled for an immigrant visa interview outside the U.S.?

Such persons are ineligible to submit provisional waivers.


4. What if a person is currently in removal proceedings or is subject to a final order of removal?

Such a person may participate in the provisional waiver program only if his removal proceedings have been “administratively closed” and have not been recalendared as of the time that the waiver is submitted to the USCIS.

Persons in removal proceedings who have applied for Deferred Action (DACA) may apply for provisional waivers after USCIS grants their DACA  applications, but only if they meet all the requirements for filing a provisional waiver and their removal proceedings have been administratively closed.

If the USCIS approves a provisional waiver for a person in removal proceedings, the person must seek termination or dismissal of the removal proceedings by the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), and this must be granted before the person departs the U.S. for their immigrant visa interview abroad.  Failure to do so could prevent the person from obtaining an immigrant visa and returning to the U.S.

Persons under final orders of removal are ineligible to participate in the provisional waiver program.


5. Can a person who had a previously scheduled immigrant visa interview (scheduled by the State Department prior to January 3, 2013) abroad that he did not attend submit a provisional waiver?

The answer is usually no.  However, there are exceptions.

Here we quote the DHS:

“An alien who is ineligible to apply for a provisional unlawful presence waiver because of a previously scheduled immigrant visa interview may still qualify for a provisional unlawful presence waiver if he or she has a new DOS immigrant visa case because 1) DOS terminated the immigrant visa registration associated with the previously scheduled interview, and they have a new immediate relative petition; or 2) the alien has a new immediate relative petition filed on his or her behalf by a different petitioner.”

“DOS” in the above paragraph stands for the “U.S. Department of State”.


6. Is it possible to waive the fees for an I-601A provisional waiver ($585) or for the biometrics ($85)?



7. Is premium processing available for an I-601A waiver?

No, but applicants can request expedited adjudication of a provisional waiver in accordance with current USCIS expedite guidance.

Generally, the USCIS takes about 4-6 months to approve an I-601 waiver.  With an expected influx of many thousands of I-601A provisional waivers, expect waiting times to increase, perhaps dramatically, since the USCIS has no plans to boost the number of officers who will be adjudicating hardship waivers.


8. If a person’s I-601A waiver is denied, is it possible to appeal?


However, although it is not possible to appeal an I-601A denial or submit a Motion to Reopen (The USCIS reserves the right to reopen or reconsider an I-601A denial on its own motion.), it is possible to refile a waiver after a denial.

Again, we quote the DHS:

“If an individual’s provisional unlawful presence waiver request is denied or withdrawn, the individual may file a new Form I-601A, in accordance with the form instructions and the required fees. The applicant’s case must still be pending with DOS, and the applicant must notify DOS that he or she intends to file a new Form I-601A. In the case of a withdrawn Form I-601A, USCIS will not refund the filing fees because USCIS has already undertaken steps to adjudicate the case.”

“Alternatively, an individual who withdraws his or her Form I-601A filing or whose Form I-601A is denied can reapply for a Form I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility,with the USCIS Lockbox,after he or she attends the immigrant visa interview and after DOS conclusively determines that the individual is inadmissible. If the ground(s) of inadmissibility identified by the DOS consular officer can be waived, the individual can file a Form I-601 along with any supporting documentation or evidence needed to demonstrate eligibility for the waiver and ultimately the immigrant visa…”

“Applicants and their attorneys or accredited representatives also are reminded that they may address or correct mistakes by supplementing a pending Form I-601A waiver request with additional evidence or correcting the request before USCIS makes a final decision in the case. USCIS will take into consideration any evidence received when making the decision.”


9. Can a person who submits an I-601A waiver be placed in removal proceedings?

Although the USCIS states that it “does not envision initiating removal proceedings against aliens whose Form I-601As are denied or withdrawn prior to final adjudication”, it reserves the right to do so if the person is considered to be a “DHS enforcement priority – that is, if the individual has a criminal history, has committed fraud, or otherwise poses a threat to national security or public safety.”

“DHS reminds the public that the filing or approval of a provisional unlawful presence waiver application will not: (1) confer any legal status; (2) protect against the accrual of additional unlawful presence; (3) authorize an alien to enter the United States without securing a visa or other appropriate entry document; (4) convey any interim benefits (e.g., employment authorization, advance parole, or eligibility to be paroled based solely on a pending or approved Form I-601A); or (5) protect an alien from being placed in removal proceedings or removed from the United States, in accordance with current DHS policies governing initiation of removal proceedings and use of prosecutorial discretion.”


10. What are the chances that your I-601A waiver will be granted?

This, of course, depends on the facts of your case, and how well your I-601A waiver is documented to demonstrate “extreme hardship” to your qualifying relatives. Do not submit 5 or 6 exhibits and expect to receive an approval.  Here, it is absolutely essential that your attorney know the legal basis for establishing “extreme hardship”, and that he or she has prepared many successful I-601 waiver applications.

Extreme hardship can be emotional, financial, medical, etc. and hopefully a combination of these and many other factors.

Last year, the USCIS denied 34%, or a little more than one out of every three, I-601 waivers.

Persons who have recently married are usually well-advised not to submit waivers. However, their chances of approval rise markedly after they have children and a house, especially if the breadwinner would be forced to remain at home to care for the child(ren).

Also, many of those denied by the USCIS prepared their applications on their own or used the services of a notario or an immigration “consultant”.  This is not a wise course of action.

Hire an experienced immigration attorney.  But how do you choose the right attorney to prepare your I-601A waiver? A good place to start is by contacting our office to schedule a Free Consultation to discuss your case.

Important Bankruptcy Info For Our Clients

Section 527(a)(2) of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code requires certain important information to be disclosed to every potential consumer bankruptcy client.  We think it’s pretty useful, so we’ve chosen to put it here on our website for you to read.

All information that you are required to provide with a petition and thereafter during a case under the Bankruptcy Code is required to be complete, accurate, and truthful.

All assets and all liabilities are required to be completely and accurately disclosed in the documents filed to commence the case. Some places in the Bankruptcy Code require that you list the replacement value of each asset. This must be the replacement value of the property at the date of filing the petition, without deducting for costs of sale or marketing, established after a reasonable inquiry. For property acquired for personal, family, or household use, replacement value means the price a retail merchant would charge for property of that kind, considering the age and condition of the property.

The following information, which appear on Official Form 22, Statement of Current Monthly Income, are required to be stated after reasonable inquiry: current monthly income, the amounts specified in section 707(b)(2), and, in a case under chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, disposable income (determined in accordance with section 707(b)(2)).

Information that you provide during your case may be audited pursuant to provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. Failure to provide such information may result in dismissal of the case under this title or other sanction, including criminal sanctions.

A person who knowingly and fraudulently conceals assets or makes a false oath in connection with a case under the Bankruptcy Code shall be subject to fine, imprisonment, or both.

All information supplied by a debtor in connection with a case under the Bankruptcy Code is subject to examination by the Attorney General of the United States.

Confused?  Don’t worry – one of the reasons you need to hire an experienced bankruptcy lawyer for your case is to be sure that you choose the right type of bankruptcy for your situation.  All you need to do is contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation to talk about your problems and whether bankruptcy is right for you.